Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm back and I am bringing a cocktail with me!

So I haven't been writing in a while but I am back. I just finished all of my graduate school applications-I thought the process was going to kill me! But now those applications are out of my hands and I would like to have a cocktail in my hands.
It is less than a week until Thanksgiving and the holiday season officially starts.....when it comes to food I love seasonal stuff. I have found though for Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot of the adult beverages are very heavy and if you have more than one you are headed for a bellyache. So the other day I found eggnog flavored club soda and I had a stroke of genius!

Here my Light Eggnog Fizz:

  • 11/2 oz. whipped cream flavored vodka (several brands make this flavor-I went with Burnett's)
  • a generous splash of Light Eggnog (I love light eggnog....regular is too heavy and I suggest Stewart's Eggnog)
  •  4oz. Polar Eggnog Seltzer
  • a dash of nutmeg

Stir together and serve in a tumbler and to really set the mood I serve mine with snowflake shaped ice cubes. This drink is light, festive, and tasty-plus you can drink them all night!

Try them out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment