Sunday, November 20, 2011

When it comes to gingerbread men, Betty got it wrong!

I love love love gingerbread men. So this weekend I felt festive and I wanted to make them. But I did not have a recipe and so I just googled one. I ended up with a Betty Crocker (which claimed to begift material) and I trusted the Betty Crocker name as she has done me no harm in the past. I know I am going to get some crap for this but  the recipe is a dud!
I love my mom's recipe (which I will find and share). The BC gingerbread was very cake like....I tasted more flour than molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. I know this may not be popular but I hate cake so naturally a cakey-cookie is not my thing. My mom's cookie is more cracker like but still soft. Her cookie is light and versatile-crispy on the bottom and soft on top. I mean the BC cookie has 7 cups of flour- holy gluten! It tasted like a gingerbread cookie that was mass-produced and shipped out for millions aka store-bought!
I am not hating on Betty (truth be told I love her) but this cookie sucks and I now have dozens of them (hence the 7cups of flour)!
So after Thanksgiving I will acquire the yummy gingerbread recipe and share it with you all!

As a side note I will be making a gingerbread house this holiday season and the BC recipe just might work!

No comments:

Post a Comment