Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Beverage: Candy Cane Fizz

We are fast approaching Christmas and whether it is for a holiday party or a treat during decorating and wrapping-it is cocktail time! As I have professed before, I really love a good cocktail and usually a few additional cocktails. This is another beverage that I have come up with from Polar Seltzer holiday flavors- besides the eggnog flavor seltzer, they also make candy cane flavored. From there I invented the Candy Cane Fizz.
 Here is the recipe:
11/2 oz. whipped vodka
1 oz. peppermint schnapps
4oz. Polar Seltzer Candy Cane club soda


This drink is great in so many ways-it is super tasty and festive, it is light (only calories are from the liquor), and it is clear (lower the risk of the holiday hangover!)
I love this drink and it can be dressed up for entertaining-just add a candy cane. I also used my snowflake ice cubes and sprinkled crushed up candy canes in them.

Side Note: Putting candy cane pieces in the ice cubes may make the drink have a slight pink color.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment